Work With Us
Luther Strings Workshop Director/Senior Luthier
Luther Strings is a dynamic, family-run string shop based in Denver, Colorado, dedicated to providing musicians at every age and ability with the highest quality instruments, lessons, and repairs for the greatest value from our friendly team of expert teachers, performers, and luthiers. We are looking to hire a Workshop Director/Senior Luthier with ample skills and experience as a violin luthier. In addition to training assistants, managing logistics and organization of the repair shop, the role would include working on in-house and customer repair/restoration projects, new instrument setup, maintaining a rental fleet, management of inventory, as well as supervising a small team of assistant luthiers. The Workshop Director/Senior Luthier would report directly to the owner.
Position Type: Full Time
Pay Range: $60,000-$65,000 annually
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance, Paid Vacation and Paid Holidays
Hours: 9:00am to 5:00pm Tuesday through Saturday
Location: Luther Strings Workshop (2018 S Pontiac Way in Denver, CO 80224)
Description of Responsibilities:
- Responsible for timely set up, repair and restorative work on violin-family instruments for both our in-house and client-owned instruments.
- Manage the strings, tools, and necessary materials for the workshop space.
- Manage the workflow of repairs for the luthier team.
- Provide excellent customer service to customers.
- Retail shop customer support when needed.
- The successful candidate will be a professional luthier with at least 10 years of luthier experience on violin, viola, and cello.
- A mastery of major repairs (varnish restorations, sound post patches, neck resets) on high value instruments.
- A mastery of tonal adjustments–able to modulate the sound of an instrument through variables in the bridge, soundpost, strings, and other parts of the instrument.
- Experience managing people and a repair shop.
- Playing experience at a high level in violin, viola, or cello.
- Professional bow rehair and repair experience.
- Bass repair experience.
To apply, please email Whitney Luther, Operations Director, a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Luther Strings is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.