Luther Strings Store Manager
Luther Strings is a family-run string shop based in Denver, Colorado, dedicated to providing musicians at every age and ability with the highest quality instruments and repairs, for the greatest value from our friendly team of expert teachers, performers, and luthiers. We are looking to hire a people-centered, administrative string player looking to be a partner in expanding a small business in its next phase of growth.
The Store Manager will report directly to the owner. This position will provide coverage and management for Luther String’s retail store during all open hours, assisting customers and handling many administrative tasks to maintain the store, website, lessons, and inventory. The Store Manager will also be responsible for training and managing part-time shop assistants.
Compensation: $20.00-$26.00 per hour
Hours: Part-time employment during Open Hours (35 Hours Weekly). Full-Time employment available (40 Hours Weekly) with medical benefits.
- Tuesday, 11:30 AM to 6:30 PM
- Wednesday, 1:30 PM to 8:30 PM
- Thursday, 11:30 AM to 6:30 PM
- Friday, 11:30 AM to 6:30 PM
- Saturdays, 9:30 AM to 4:30 PM
Location: Luther Strings Retail Shop (2018 S Pontiac Way in Denver)
- Provide excellent customer service, including in-person, over the phone, and via electronic communications.
- Responsible for attaining store sales targets and managing all front-of-house activities.
- Manage instrument rental program.
- Manage logistics and planning for Luther Strings Academy (private lessons, group classes, and in-store recitals).
- Assist with public relations, marketing, and social media.
- Train and provide direction to shop assistant employees.
- Responsible for undertaking most administrative tasks.
- Respond to customer inquiries and concerns in a professional manner.
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction through outstanding service, including: greeting every customer, answering phones, and maintaining the store's appearance.
- Some cleaning and maintenance of the store.
- Able to manage the retail shop independently when the owner is away.
- Additional duties as needed.
Skills and Qualifications
- String musician preferred - able to play and demonstrate on violin, viola, or cello.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment.
- Experience with retail management, customer service, and office administration.
- Comfortable interacting with students, parents, teachers, and employees.
- Proficient knowledge of social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
To apply, please email Whitney Luther, Operations Director, at email@example.com with a cover letter and resume.
Luther Strings is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic, protected by law.